MSUFCU Internship Award
Month Due: March
Internship Opportunity Award Overview
Through the generosity of the Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU) and individual donors, the MSU Career Services Network is able to grant stipend awards for undergraduate students participating in unpaid internships located in the United States during the Summer 2017 semester.
The MSUFCU Internship Opportunity Award program was established to encourage students who have demonstrated the capacity to accomplish educational and professional goals, the motivation to achieve these goals and the initiative to seek experiential learning opportunities to further progress toward their career. Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
* Undergraduate MSU student in good standing;
* Preference will be given to students graduating in Fall 2017 or later;
* Accepted to or actively pursuing a high quality, unpaid, career-related internship focusing on the following areas: non-profit organizations, government, media, the arts, public relations and advertising;
* Demonstrated financial need (as determined by student essay and the MSU Office of Financial Aid);
* Open to U.S. based internships, preference will be given to applicants interning at non-profits located in the Lansing area, non-profits in Michigan and Michigan start-up businesses in operation less than two years;
* Program is not open to students interning with an MSU department, who are interning internationally, who are past Award recipients, or graduate level students.
Internship Awards – Summer 2017
Awards of up to $1000 each are available. The number of awards will be given based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need. Contingent awards are available for students who have not accepted an internship offer by the March 15th deadline (i.e., but must secure the internship by March 27th, 2017).
Recipients will be required to express acceptance and appreciation in writing within three (3) weeks of notification of the award, participate in a pre-internship Career Services workshop and post-internship donor event, and help with other program-related activities (details shared after award notifications.)
To be considered for this award, all applicants need to submit an MSUFCU Internship Award Application via Desire 2 Learn, a 500-word personal essay (prompt included below) and a current resume via their Desire 2 Learn account through the MSUFCU Intern Award Course.
Write a statement of up to 500 words that addresses the following information:
* Your academic and career goals
* How this internship fits into your strategy for achieving those goals (If you have not yet secured an internship, describe your “first choice” internship you are pursuing.)
* What you will be doing and learning in this internship
* Your passion for the internship
* Any financial considerations that are affecting your ability to pursue this internship
Deadline to Apply: 11:59pm, March 15th, 2017
All application materials must be uploaded into D2L by: 11:59pm, March 15th, 2017 Info at: http://careernetwork.msu.edu/jobs-internships/Internship-opportunity-award.html
To apply: Log into Desire2Learn, click the Self Registering Courses tab (upper right corner), search and click on the “MSUFCU Intern Award” to enroll in this course.
Once added, open the course and complete the application form and upload your most current resume and personal essay.
Questions regarding the application process or the Desire 2 Learn course, please contact:
Victoria Morris: email@example.com