GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year
Month Due: October
For the past 18 years, GPN and Nexus Greenhouse Corp. have been recognizing outstanding college students with the GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship.
During this time, we have met some pretty amazing students who are currently making an impact on our industry. It has been very rewarding (and a lot of fun) learning about their internship experiences as well as their professional goals — and then watching them go out and achieve them.
We are now calling for applicants for Number 19 in 2018. Do you know a student who has completed a floriculture/horticulture internship this year? Did that student have an exceptional internship experience? Should that student be on the industry’s radar as a potential future employee?
If the answer is “Yes” to any of these questions, then please let that student know about this scholarship program.
Here is a reminder of what 2018 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year will receive:
- A check for $3,000
- Be featured in an article and on the cover of the January 2018 issue of GPN
- Receive travel and hotel expenses to Cultivate’18 in Columbus, Ohio, next July as well as a complimentary full Cultivate’18 registration.
To be considered for the 2018 scholarship, the student must meet these requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a four-year accredited U.S. university during 2016-2017 and 2017-2018
- Must be working on an undergraduate degree in horticulture/floriculture
- Have completed a greenhouse-related internship in 2017.
To apply for the 2018 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship the student needs to:
- Write a cover letter requesting consideration for the scholarship and state what university he/she attends
- Secure a letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the applicant’s academic advisor
- Write a minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including where the applicant interned, what his/her responsibilities were and what was learned during the internship.
All application materials should be sent to email@example.com The deadline to apply is Oct. 18, 2017.
There are no forms that the applicant needs to fill out.
If you or the student have any questions about the 2018 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org