Davey Foundation Arbor Grant Program
Month Due: September
The Davey Tree Expert Company Davey Foundation Arbor Grant Program
To provide financial assistance to students enrolled in colleges and universities in any of the fields related to the “Green Industry”. Such as: arboriculture, horticulture, landscape, turf science, forestry, etc.
1. Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate at a selected technical school, college or university. Previous grant recipients may apply again.
2. Grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
3. Recommendations of their instructor and financial need will be major considerations.
4. Deadline for submission of application is Friday September 23, 2016. Applications must include four components: 1) Completed student application form, 2) Completed
faculty reference form or letter of recommendation, 3) Student letter of intent, 4) Copy of student transcripts. All four components must be received by deadline for submission. Completed applications can be submitted well in advance of the deadline, and we encourage students to submit their applications before the end of the academic year.
5. The Grant Committee will review all applications and make recommendations to the Foundation. When the final selections have been made in mid-October, notification will be sent to the applicants.
Award of Each Grant
Applications will be received from schools and colleges through out the United States. All applications will be reviewed with a total of 50 grants of $1,000 being distributed in 2016. Checks will be made payable to their school for fees and tuition. There is no guarantee that each school or college will have a student to receive a grant.
For information contact:
Administrator, Education and Training Services
The Davey Tree Expert Company
1500 North Mantua Street
Kent, Ohio 44240
800-447-1667, extension 8369
Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit www.davey.com for career opportunities