Visitor Services Front Desk & Events Supervisor
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Deadline: June 18, 2017
Job Summary: The Visitor Services Front Desk & Events Supervisor reports to the Visitor Operations Manager and assists in all aspects of Visitor Services at Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum with an emphasis on planning and facilitation of events for Matthaei/Nichols and is a member of the Visitor Engagement Team.
- Regularly perform duties at the front desk - greeting visitors, providing information, and maintain a welcoming, clean, and engaging environment.
- Assist and support the Visitor Operations Manager, providing leadership to front desk staff and volunteer team members in manager’s absence.
- Assist with administrative duties that include staff training & scheduling, as well as cash handling & inventory management.
- Other duties as required.
- Work with Visitor Engagement Team and other department staff to develop, coordinate and host events at Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum.
- Develop and plan events that enhance exhibits and other seasonal happenings at the Arb & Gardens.
- Form connections with UM student groups and UM departments & faculty to promote participation in exhibits and events.
- Work with and train volunteer teams that staff events.
- Coordinate Birthday Party program.
- Enthusiastic, welcoming attitude.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to manage several projects at once.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work Sun-Sat (most weekends) - mornings, afternoons, and evenings
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and in occasionally stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to transport at least 20 pounds.
- Excellent customer service with two or more years sales and customer service, events or stage production experience.
- Experience creating and following budgets.
- Experience scheduling staff.
Salary Range: $30,000-35,000 annually
Our vision is:
We will be the center for rich and diverse nature-based experiences for the University of Michigan and its surrounding communities. We will provide exceptionally beautiful gardens and natural areas for enjoyment. We will train a new generation of environmental leaders in sustainability, conservation and ecological restoration and engage research that deepens our understanding of plants, ecology, and the role of nature in our lives.
Our mission is:
Promoting environmental enjoyment, stewardship and sustainability through education, research and interaction with the natural world. We believe diversity strengthens our ability to accomplish this mission.
For more information about Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum, please visit mbgna.umich.edu
To apply, please visit the University of Michigan Careers website careers.umich.edu and search for Job Opening ID 142827. Applications will be accepted through June 18, 2017.