Tractor Operator - Field Research
Location: East Lansing, MI
Deadline: March 5, 2017
Tractor Operator - Field Research Aide
The primary function of this position will be tractor operation in research plots in support of in-row cultivation research in vegetable production. Other responsibilities include working with field studies aimed at improving the sustainability of vegetable production in Michigan. The successful applicant will also assist with crop planting, plot maintenance, harvesting, and data collection on Michigan vegetable farms and horticultural research stations. Responsibilities will also include some lab and greenhouse work on campus. This position requires extensive travel to off-campus research locations (transportation provided by university vehicles).
· Proficient with operation of tractors with manual transmission.
· Ability/desire to work outside 95-100% of time.
· Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
· This position requires possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license.
· Experience with 3-point hitch implements.
· Experience with PTO driven equipment.
· Experience hauling trailers.
· Ability to drive university vehicle requiring medical certification.
· Agricultural plot research experience.
· Weed Identification.
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Dates: May – September (end date flexible)
Hours: 40 hrs/wk
Salary: $11 – 13 /hr (based on experience)
Email resume and brief cover letter to:
Corey Noyes firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Tractor Operator
Application Deadline 3/5/17