Location: East Lansing, MI
Deadline: April 7, 2017
Student Jobs for Spring/Summer 2017
The MSU Horticulture Gardens at Michigan State University is seeking hardworking student employees to assist with a variety of labor tasks during summer 2017. Positions may be available in the annual garden, perennial garden, rose garden, or for general labor.
Schedule and Hours:
• May 8th through late-August, earlier starting dates available • 40 hours per week
• Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Occasional Saturday and Sunday hours
• We may be able to accommodate your summer class schedule (if applicable)
Candidate must be currently enrolled in college, but does not have to be a horticulture major. The ideal candidate will be able to accomplish a variety of tasks, work in all weather conditions, and work well as a team. Prior horticulture or gardening experience is not necessary, but a positive attitude is!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with garden maintenance including planting, weeding, watering, dead-heading, fertilizing, spreading compost and mulch, removing debris, pruning, edging, and other tasks as needed.
Gardens and Greenhouse Manager B110B Plant & Soil Sciences Building East Lansing, MI 48824-1325
(517) 353-0328 x 328 firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepting Applicants until Friday April 7th, 2017