Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Garden Works of Grand Rapids, Inc. specializes in the design, installation and maintenance of gardens and container gardens. We are seeking an experienced professional gardener for the following part time, seasonal position:
Primary purpose of position:
Perform basic gardening skills under direction of a Gardening Foreman; Insure that client needs are met or exceeded; and maintain customer-service standards.
• Assist with work day preparations (tool selection, packing of materials and tools, etc.)
• Perform basic gardening skills, including:
• Assist with end of day site and tool clean-up
1. Master Gardener Certification, Horticulture or related degree, or equivalent work experience
2. Demonstrated proficiency in identification and care of basic landscape plant material
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients
4. Bending, lifting, carrying of up to 30 lbs
5. Valid Michigan Driver’s License and Insurance
6. Ability to work as part of a team on a daily basis
7. Willing to learn about insect and disease issues of plant materials.
Work schedule: Part time (2-3 days/week), seasonal (April- November)
Pay range: $13-18 depending on experience, training for supervisory Garden Foreman position possible
Interview will include a garden walk to test your knowledge of basic landscape plants and their care.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com