Location: Owosso, MI
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Employment Date: Spring/Summer 2018
Work in nursery facilities cultivating, harvesting, grafting, and transplanting trees, shrubs, and plants. Work in nursery retail center for sales and customer service. Occasional work at customer location for landscape design and installation.
Work Hours and Days
20+ hours per week. Seasonal (employment term TBD - willing to work with students for internship credit). Work schedule will require some weekends.
- Perform routine horticultural nursery operations such as potting, transplanting, pruning, grafting, nursery irrigation systems, pesticide/herbicide/fungicide and fertilizer application, etc.
- Assist with day to day nursery maintenance, customer service, and retail center maintenance.
- Operate heavy equipment to facilitate the unloading, moving, and care of nursery plants and materials.
- Operate truck and trailer combination for moving landscape plants, equipment, and materials.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on nursery equipment.
- Potential for landscape design opportunities, if interested.
- Student in a Landscape & Nursery Management/Horticulture related program or has Nursery Related Experience (preferred).
- Basic background knowledge of growth, development and identification of various plants, shrubs, and trees (not required but must be willing to learn).
- Position requires the ability to exert yourself physically over extended periods of time. Must have the ability to lift, push/pull, or carry heavy objects (50lbs plus). Must be able to work in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to operate power equipment such as, but not limited to, lawn mowers, chainsaw, hedge trimmers, etc. Must be able to work near and operate heavy equipment.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Abby Nash at email@example.com