Location: East Lansing, MI
Deadline: April 7, 2017
Student Job for Spring/Summer/Fall 2017
The MSU Beaumont Nursery at Michigan State University is seeking a hardworking student employee to assist with a variety of labor tasks during summer 2017. Position is available at the nursery for general labor.
Schedule and Hours:
* Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Occasional Saturday and Sunday hours
* We may be able to accommodate your summer class schedule (if applicable)
Candidate must be currently enrolled in college, but does not have to be a horticulture major. The ideal candidate will be able to accomplish a variety of tasks, work in all weather conditions, and work well as a team. Prior horticulture or gardening experience is not necessary, but a positive attitude is!
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Moving, loading, and unloading of supplies and equipment.
* Mowing lawn areas within the nursery.
* Planting, cultivating, and harvesting plant material.
* Haul, spread, and grade topsoil using appropriate implements.
* Clean and maintain work areas, equipment, and tools according to prescribed sanitary standards.
* Dispose of diseased and unwanted plant and soil materials in accordance with departmental, University, and OSHA safety guidelines.
* Transports supplies, materials, tools, and equipment to work site using a University vehicle.
* Caring for and maintaining nursery stock.
* Operation and maintenance of vehicle including truck/trailer combinations for transporting heavy equipment, implements, materials and supplies.
* Assist with routine maintenance on nursery equipment such as irrigation systems, mist propagation systems, Reverse Osmosis water filtration systems, nursery structures and spray equipment.
* Assist with operation and routine maintenance on tractors, articulated loaders, tree spades, skid steers, and trucks.
4080 Beaumont Rd.
Lansing, MI 48910
Accepting Applicants until Friday April 7th, 2017