MSU Vegetable Agriculture Research Assistant
Location: Hickory Corners, MI
Deadline: May 31, 2017
MSU Vegetable Agriculture Research Assistant Wanted
Sustainable Vegetable Production and Weed Ecology
At Kellogg Biological Station in Hickory Corners
The primary function of this position will be to support in MSU research of organically and conventionally managed vegetables. The aim of this research is to improve the sustainability of vegetable production in Michigan through mechanical cultivation, reduced tillage, and the use of improved varieties. The successful applicant will assist with crop planting, plot maintenance, harvesting, data collection, and tractor operation (with previous experience) at the Kellogg Biological Station in Hickory Corners, MI. Responsibilities could also include some field work at Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center (drive time compensated). This position requires travel to the Kellogg Biological Station by the successful applicant.
* Ability/desire to work outside 95-100% of time.
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
* This position requires possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license.
* Experience with tractors with manual transmissions
* Experience with 3-point hitch implements.
* Experience with PTO driven equipment.
* Experience hauling trailers.
* Ability to drive university vehicle requiring medical certification.
* Agricultural plot research experience.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Dates: May – September (end date flexible)
Hours: 40 hrs/wk
Salary: $9.50-$11/hr (based on experience)
Email resume and brief cover letter to:
Corey Noyes firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: KBS Position
Application Deadline 3/24/17