Location: Petoskey, MI
Deadline: December 1, 2014
Drost Landscape serves the landscape needs of an exclusive group of homeowners
in Northern Michigan. We are in need of a LEADER to assist supervision of our maintenance division. e role consists of shared management duties to start, with room to grow maintenance division.
- Plan, organize, direct & coordinate all aspects of the maintenance operations.
- Manage various departments including; landscape installation/construction, fertilization, irrigation, lawn maintenance, seasonal display & owers and snow & ice management within the management division & their supervisors, foreman & technicians.
- Ensure that all work performed conforms to speci cations & within budgeted guidelines.
- Hire & manage personnel & resources; which includes increased sta ng needs during seasonal demands, coaching, evaluating, disciplinary actions, & con ict resolution of crew members.
- Establish and administer training program, operating policy & procedures that will ensure adequate performance & personnel safety.
- Ability to communicate with clients, vendors, sta , subcontractors, & management.
- Prepare proposals for clients & negotiating favorable pricing with vendors, suppliers & subcontractors.
High school graduate & 4 years of college degree, or a minimum of 2 years in specialized training, or minimum of 6 years experience in the green industry maintenance, with progressive supervisory exp.
Solid knowledge & understanding of horticultural practices/services, plant/pest identi cation, industry related equipment, & Landscape Architecture.
Experience with Word, Excel, QuickBooks, & Outlook.
Ability to e ectively multi-task & directly manage projects while meeting time constraints.
Knowledge & understanding of the green industry/snow & ice management services.
Must be able to li a minimum of 50 lbs, climb ladders, work in hazardous environments, such as construction sites, & work in all types of weather.
Must possess current Michigan driver’s license and maintain satisfactory driving record. CDL with an A endorsement preferred.
- Must submit to & pass, background checks: including credit, criminal history & initial hire & random drug testing.
Other Information/Contact Information
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsbilities for this position. For more information about this position & Drost Landscape, or to download our Employment Application, please visit our website or stop by the o ce!
www.drostlandscape.com o ce: 231-348-2624
P.O. Box 696
2010 Cedar Valley Rd Petoskey, MI 49770