Lawn Care Supervisor
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Deadline: November 30, 2014
Steepletown Neighborhood Services provides lawn care service as part of its workforce development efforts with older youth. The Lawn Care Supervisor must be available from April 15th through November 15th in order to meet the needs of this position. The ideal candidate also will possess an understanding of at-risk youth who provide the labor force for the crew. The position is seasonal with no benefits; rate of pay is $12-$17 depending on experience and use of vehicle; average 25 hours/week with flexible hours.
- Schedule crew depending on work priorities, crew and equipment availability, and weather conditions.
- Train workers in tasks such as using equipment and general lawn maintenance. Establish and enforce procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personal safety.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
- Provide workers with assistance in performing duties as necessary to ensure timeliness of work.
- Inventory tools, equipment, and materials to ensure that sufficient supplies are available and equipment is properly maintained and in usable condition.
- Maintain log of work accomplished and paperwork for workers, including weekly timesheets and supervisor evaluations.
- Confer with the Operations Manager of Steepletown on important issues and to coordinate work activities.
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Safety and Security: Knowledge of relevant equipment, procedures, and regulations to promote effective and safe use of equipment, and to ensure safety of workers. -Mechanical: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their use, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
RESUME AND REFERENCES
Steepletown Neighborhood Services
671 Davis Avenue NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
ATTN: Dick Bulkowski, Director or email: firstname.lastname@example.org