Location: Aspen, CO
Deadline: May 31, 2017
Position Title: Foreman, Class 1
Reports To: Project Manager and Company Owner, Katherine Fitzgerald
Responsible to enforce and instruct others in the company’s policies and procedures, lay out jobs, provide input to help improve estimating and production, and will include using the Exaktime clocking system, time tracking for yourself and all crew against budget and ensuring time cards are correct and turned in signed on a weekly basis. Focus is to organize jobs start to finish, in a goal-oriented work process by motivating and leading other people in a supportive, coaching manner, maintaining a positive attitude and outlook toward the work performed.
Company Policy and Procedures
* Represent Fitzgerald Landscaping and Design in a professional and knowledgeable manner at all times; whilst maintaining effective communication with all clients, employees and venders. This will include using our clocking in and our system called Exaktime.
* Enforce company’s policies and procedures
* Arrive for work on time and ready to work by 7:00am.
* Communicate our high standards and policies on all products and services are accurately conveyed to clients and venders.
* Trouble shoot, identify opportunities for improvement and address any complaints and requests in a thorough and efficient manner.
* Demonstrate good attendance/ schedule days off
* Time tracking of yourself and all crew against budget and ensuring time cards are correct and turned in signed on a weekly basis.
Performance and Production
* Teach crew members procedures and production techniques.
* Execute job layout with minimal assistance
* Demonstrate ability to run most size projects with little assistance.
* Provide input to help improve estimating and production.
* Create and coordinate final project punch lists and complete project closeout in a timely and efficient manner.
Physical Performance and Skills
* Instruct others in the handling, moving and installing plant materials.
* Ensuring health and careful storage of all plants and materials received and stored on site. Responsible for watering, ensuring that all plants thrive through preventative solutions.
* Move landscape and construction materials as needed.
* Perform skill-oriented tasks while directing others.
* Organize jobs start to finish; Delegate duties to others
* Track all tool & material quantities. Report daily progress.
* Maintain a positive attitude and outlook toward the work performed.
* Work with Sales personnel and designers to achieve the best possible results.
* Project team atmosphere on crew.
* Serve as main contact with Clients on a daily basis.
Equipment and Company Property
* Maintain clean driving record of 6 points or less.
* Demonstrate ability to drive ALL (manual transmissions too) company trucks, including trailers and equipment.
* Be responsible for the cleanliness of the trucks and trailers.
* Train coworkers about proper equipment usage.
* Track all tool quantities at each job site.
* Instruct others in techniques to improve quality.
* Demonstrate an ability to maintain quality while increasing efficiency.
* Be responsible for final quality on jobs.
* Report and/or correct dangerous situations.
* Report accidents.
* Demonstrate the safe operation of tools and equipment.
* Use and instruct others to use required safety equipment.
Working Conditions: Varying working conditions, which require close concentration, visual attention and need for manual or physical dexterity. Must be able to work in high temperature and humidity conditions throughout the summer months. Protective devices are required during periodic use of pesticides, fertilizers and soil preparation. May work with chemicals and substances requiring safety precautions and with equipment requiring constant and careful attention. Must be able to lift 50lbs. requires ability to work weekends and holidays Must be able to work during periods of adverse weather.