Location: St. Johns, MI
Deadline: May 31, 2016
AgroLiquid is a manufacturer and marketer of liquid fertilizers throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company is located in Saint Johns, Michigan, (30 minutes north of Lansing). AgroLiquid is built upon three core principles of product development: conduct extensive research, emphasize solid agronomics, and create sustainability for the grower and consumer alike. Our Mission statement is to Prosper the Farmer. These Internships involve outdoor farm work in all types of horticulture and field crop situations while assisting Research Staff with daily plot plans, scouting, planting, record keeping, standard counts, fertility and pest management as well as overall observation of plant health of all horticulture and field crops. Attention to detail, ability to scout disease & fertility deficiencies, operate farm machinery and familiarity with either horticulture or field crop farming will be a priority. These intern positions offer practical applications of agronomy, horticulture, pomology, and viticulture. It will be a good learning opportunity for a student desiring to work in the horticultural or general agricultural industry after graduation.
The program consists of six internship positions to assist and perform the following duties:
- Spend 15 weeks participating in agricultural situations designed to create knowledge for future employment in the agriculture industry.
- Participate in projects and labor for the North Central Research Station (NCRS), (approximately ten weeks).
- Experience different departments throughout the company, including but not limited to: Marketing, Sales, Agronomic Sciences, and Operations. (approximately 5 weeks)
- Create a 30-minute PowerPoint presentation and a poster project recapping their internship experience. Each intern will present to Senior Management at the completion of the program
- Enrollment in an agriculture related field of study at a higher education institution
- Willingness and ability for public speaking
- Desire to learn more about agronomic principles, sales and marketing
- Possession of computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Travel: up to 10% of time.
Please send resume or inquiry to Human Resource