Horticulture Research Assistant Internship
Location: St. Johns, MI
Deadline: November 15, 2014
Agro-Culture Liquid Fer lizers is a manufacturer and marketer of liquid fertilizers throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. The company owns a 580-acre research farm near St. Johns, Michigan (about 30 minutes north of Lansing). Agro-Culture Liquid Fer lizers is currently seeking to fill a summer internship position at the North Central Research Station in St. Johns to assist in the establishment, maintenance, monitoring, and harvestng of research test plots on a variety of different horticultural crops.
This position involves outdoor farm type work, therefore, plan on getting dirty. A familiarity with general field crop farming and the ability to operate some farm machinery is necessary.
This internship will start as soon as possible in the spring (early May) and will run through mid-August. Hourly wage will be determined based on qualifcations. Most weeks will be 40-hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm), however during busy times such as planting, weeks may be longer.
This position offers practical applications of agronomy and marketing and should be a good learning opportunity for a student desiring to work in the agricultural industry after graduation.
This position will provide a number of learning opportunities:
- How to conduct scientific field research
- Proper technique for collection and analysis of data
- How Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizers utilizes research information in the marketing of their products
- Interaction with various sales and marketing personnel from around the country
- Gain an understanding of technology applied to research
- Opportunities to work independently in data collection
- Establishment of a personalized experiment for monitoring
- How to have fun in a demanding agricultural career
Please send reseumes or questions to: email@example.com