Location: Alexandrua, VA
Deadline: December 31, 2016
How can we help your career?
The horticultural intern assists the River Farm Horticulturist with the day-to-day care and ongoing development of the Society’s national headquarters at River Farm. Interns will assist with: garden maintenance; visitor and member services: interpretative programs; integrated pest management; seasonal exhibits and displays; and plant identification. The horticultural intern will complete an individualized garden-based project, in addition to regular plant walks and field trips to gardens in the greater Washington, DC area.
Horticultural internships are open to anyone interested in a career in horticulture, with preference given to those pursuing a degree or who have completed a degree in horticulture, or a related field.
The duration of AHS Internships is from three to six months. Compensation is $9.00/hr. The workweek is 37.5 hours and is Monday through Friday, with Saturday morning rotations required. Housing is the responsibility of the intern. Assistance in finding accommodations is provided with a listing of potential rentals, affordable apartment office contacts and a map of the area. To apply, please forward application materials to email@example.com.
Applications for the horticultural internship should include the following:
- Completed application form
- Current resume
- College transcript (a copy will do)
- Three professional references with addresses, phone numbers, and emails A statement of professional objectives (200 words)
Deadlines for applications:
- April-June (priority deadline February 1)
- April-Sept (priority deadline February 1)
- July-Sept (priority deadline June 1)
- Other period (rolling admission)