Location: Frankfort, MI
Deadline: March 31, 2017
Crystal Downs Country Club
Michael Morris, Golf Course Superintendent
PO Box 329
Frankfort, MI 49635
Position: Horticulture Intern
Dates: April/May through August, 2017
Hours and Rate: $13 per hour, 40 hours per week
Uniform and Safety: Shirts, headgear, safety glasses, hearing protection, raingear—all provided. Reimbursement for safety shoes up to $75.
Housing: Not provided. We will assist in finding a place to stay, and subsidize rent if needed.
About Crystal Downs:
Crystal Downs Country Club is a private golf facility in Northern Michigan and is consistently rated as one of the top golf courses in the world. The club is a seasonal operation.
The main attraction at Crystal Downs is the golf course. The landscape is a unique blend of natural plants and terrain with a highly manicured golf course. The formal areas around the club entrances, golf shop, club house and tennis facilities are understated, yet elegant. These formal areas, along with selected specimen trees will be the primary responsibility of the Horticulture intern. Care of roses and an appreciation for native plants are important for this position.
We pride ourselves in providing a great learning experience and challenging projects that will prepare the intern for a successful career.
Responsibilities and tasks:
• Care of roses around the club house.
• Care of lawns around the club house and tennis.
• Care of steps and patios around the golf shop and club house.
• Care and planting of small flower beds at golf shop and tennis.
• Tree, vine and shrub pruning as needed.
• Assisting with golf course work and projects as needed.
• Special project: improve shaded ground cover planting at club house.
• Special project: tree planting and drip irrigation installation in formal areas and on the golf course.
• Special project: improve landscape and planting at entrances.
For more information or to apply for the position, please contact
…or you may send your resume to the mailing address above.