Horticultural services team member
Deadline: May 31, 2016
Elegant Gardens, Inc.
Provider of professional residential planting and horticultural services in the Grosse Pointe, Detroit, Birmingham and Bloomfield areas for 10 years. We have an excellent client base, quality and well maintained equipment and a great safety record.
Horticultural services team member needed:
We are now accepting applications for a seasonal position in horticulture. Opportunity is available from early April thru November and will require approximately 25-30 hours of work each week. Starting pay can range from $12.00—$14.00 per hour, depending on experience. Individual will work with owners and can benefit from over 30 years of green industry experience.
What we are looking for:
- A positive attitude
- A hard working individual
- An individual who enjoys working outdoors
- An individual who is interested in horticulture
- An individual who consistently demonstrates a good work ethic and takes pride in their work
Position responsibilities include:
- Assist with the completion of detailed spring clean ups of residential properties
- Assist witht the proper care of annual, perennial and ornamental grass plantings
- Assist with the proper installation of landscape plantings
- Assist with the proper mulching and soil amendment of landscape bed areas
- Assist with the installation of annual flower displays
- Assist with the proper weeding, cultivating and edging of garden beds
- Assist with the proper selevctive pruning and shearing of shrubbery
- Assist with the completion of detailed fall clean ups of residential properties
- Assist with the spring and fall seeding