Hops Farm Manager
Location: Greenville, MI
Deadline: May 31, 2017
Hops Farm Manager Position
Taylor Hops is seeking a full time hops farm manager. Please see the job description and qualifications that accompanies this announcement.
Taylor Hops is a hops farm located in Greenville Michigan on a former golf course. The farm was founded by life-long residents of Greenville. The owners are looking for a farm manager to work directly with them in this start-up hops farm. The farm will start out with 15 acres of hopyards in 2017.
The farm manager should be someone that is passionate about farming, hardworking and has a desire to grow with the business. This position would be full time with health insurance and other benefits. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience of the successful candidate. Please send your resume to; toddntaylor75@gmaiI.com.
- Minimum 2 year degree in agriculture or related curriculum. 4 year degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on a farm and with farm equipment.
- Experience working in a team environment with proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated, good work ethic, cooperative and flexible.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the Company.
Hops Farm Manager — Job Description
The Farm Manager is responsible to and reports to the General Manager/Owners.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Enforces all company policies, rules and regulations as needed.
- While at work, conducts self in a manner that sets a good example to fellow employees.
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm and farming operation.
- Plans farm practices and production to maintain farm progress against budget and other performance parameters.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring of hops fann personnel.
- Trains, supervises, mentors and monitors staff.
- Direct and coordinate farm activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, and recordkeeping.
- Takes part in all practical activities of hops farming such as driving tractors, operating machinery, constructing hopyards, planting, training, spraying, fertilizing, etc.
- Arranging for and at times doing the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ensure proper functioning.
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yields.
- Understanding the implications ofthe weather and makes contingency plans.
- Analyzes soil plant needs to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Soil building program including composting.
- Ensuring current govemment regulations concerning farm activities are complied with and ensuring that fann activities comply with government regulations;
- Maintaining knowledge ofpests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them.
- Buying supplies, fertilizers and perishable items for general farm use.
- Keeping complete and accurate financial record items such as expense reports, receipts, purchase orders, etc.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices and operational reports.
- Along with GM evaluates financial statements and makes budget proposals.
- Participate in planning for long-term farm development. Cooperate with and work with community partners.