Location: Leelanau, MI
Deadline: April 1, 2017
Job Opportunity: Field Assistant
Leelanau Backyard Harvest is dedicated to helping people grow bountiful and beautiful gardens. We specialize in design, consultation and construction of edible and ornamental organic gardens.
We are seeking a part time employee to help with our upcoming growing season. We desire a positive person that is enthusiastic about gardening.
● Positive attitude and willingness to work hard in all weather conditions
● Attention to detail and willing to do repetitive tasks
● Ability to lift heavy objects and keep up with the very physical demands of the work
● Experience growing vegetable and perennial plants
● Understanding of growing basics and maintenance of organic agriculture
● Experience with perennial landscape maintenance desired
● Desire to learn and take on tasks with limited to no supervision
● Sense of humor is important for this fun and challenging work
● Woodworking experience is a bonus but not necessary
Our season will begin in April and runs through the fall. Because of the ever changing nature of the work we do, we try our best to be as flexible as possible, and expect the same from employees. Willing to work with student schedules and to help fulfill internship requirements. Our goal is to treat everyone with dignity and respect, and to provide a supportive and educational work environment. Competitive compensation based on experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest to Jason Hill