Estimators / Sales Assistant
Location: Plainfield, IL
Deadline: April 30, 2017
The main focus of the Estimator/Sales Assistant position is to partner with the Sales Representatives to meet or exceed sales volume goals, profitability goals and customer expectations. The Estimator/Sales Assistant obtains plans on projects generated by leads from Sales Representatives or publications and does plan take offs, coordinating materials pricing with the purchasing department and entering bid information into Axapta. The Estimator/Sales Assistant is expected to sell to annually established goals which will be outlined in the performance review process on a yearly basis. New jobs are bid on a twelve month basis and priced to enable attainment of annual sales and job cost goals. Support provided by the Estimator/Sales Assistant should allow Sales Representatives to increase their efficiency and the amount of time spent on revenue producing functions.
- Effectively, timely and accurately estimate and price work supporting profitable achievement of sales and growth goals
- Profitable achievement of sales goals
- Satisfied clients
- Quality work
- Effective SOPs
- Obtain plans on projects generated by leads from Sales Representatives and publications.
- Do plan take offs, estimates and bids. Utilize Axapta for all bid and proposal preparation. Give all bids and proposals to the Sales Representative for approval and presentation.
- Occasionally go to job sites to measure, take pictures, etc. in an effort to fine tune a bid.
- Bid new jobs on a twelve-month basis at established levels to facilitate attainment of annual sales and job cost goals.
- Coordinate plant/bid pricing with the purchasing department and subcontractors assuring that pricing is within acceptable profit levels for overall jobs.
- Work with the Office Manager to obtain bid/performance bonds and any other applicable bid paperwork.
- Monitor job costs on jobs estimated by you. Work with the sales representatives and construction superintendant to make adjustments as necessary in order to meet or exceed established goals.
- Create opportunities to conduct playground safety inspections. Conduct the inspections and follow through to sell recommended repairs and maintenance work.
- Provide general sales and customer service support which may include but is not limited to:
- Provide telephone customer service support in the absence of and in conjunction with the Sales Representative on items such as, providing resource information, answering questions, resolving problems, communicating expected and actual service completion dates, soliciting customer feedback, etc.
- Design project upgrades and/or recommend substitutions.
- Assist with meeting last minute customer requests that may conflict with pre-scheduled items for the Sales Representatives/Production Superintendents.
- Assist with prospecting and relationship development with potential new clients.
- Assist with and monitor master contract files.
- Assemble job packets and provide support to operations after job is sold.
- Provide “Raving Fan” service to all projects. Proactively anticipate problems, and suggest solutions in order to avoid customer complaints. Respond with tact to customer complaints on a timely basis. Maintain Green-Up’s positive image in the industry through professional communication and interaction with clients, vendors, fellow employees, etc.
- Establish a good working relationship with your Sales Representative and fellow employees, and keep your manager informed of progress and problems.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of customer activity and communications. Follow through with accurate paperwork on a daily basis per departmental procedures.
- Assist in projecting annual sales goals and budget figures. Contribute to construction production/sales meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Assist in the development and utilization of new sales tools.
- Become involved in trade organizations for networking purposes to enhance sales potential.
- Plan weekly and daily activities in advance to ensure efficient time use and positive end results.
- Attend all applicable meetings.
- Actively participate in decision making in the department and work to continually improve its operation.
- Identify problem areas. Make suggestions and assist in implementing solutions in conjunction with your team members.
- Assist the Sales Representatives and the President and follow through on established projects.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Play equipment and/or park construction experience or related field with some estimating skills preferred.
- Obtain and maintain Playground Safety Inspector Certification.
- The proven ability to service all levels within an organization, with a positive attitude, as well as the ability to handle highly sensitive data in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent administration, organization, and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to effectively initiate, pursue, prioritize, and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, both independently and with a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Commitment to company values, strong work ethic, belief in personal accountability and positive attitude.
- Bilingual in both English & Spanish a plus.
- 1-2 years previous estimating and customer service or construction administrative support experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment; bidding and contract software experience helpful.
- Must work well in a team environment.
Sr. HR Administrator & Recriter | Acres Group
610 W. Liberty Street | Wauconda, IL 60084
D: 847-487-5071 | F: 847-526-4841 | C:224-250-3533