Estate Land Manager
Location: Nevis, West Indies
Deadline: July 31, 2016
Large estate in Nevis is seeking a Land Manager to oversee the development and maintenance of an expansive tropical landscape.
Nevis is part of the St. Kitts and Nevis Federation in the Caribbean Sea. One of the most unspoiled and relaxing islands in the region, its crystal clear turquoise waters, white sand beaches, and vivid green forests create an idyllic tropical escape. Rich in history, it was known for its productive sugar plantations on fertile volcanic soils, and served as a center for European colonization of the Caribbean.
The estate consists of two properties. The Beach House is engulfed in a beautiful lush tropical landscape, full of fragrance, with botanical rarities throughout. The Main House is currently under construction and is situated up the slope of the mountain. It will have an elaborate landscape that blends with the surrounding forest vegetation.
The Estate Land Manager will work along side the Horticultural Manager, leading Grounds Staff in the development and meticulous maintenance of the established landscape and natural areas. This includes plant and hardscape installation, irrigation, lawn care, fertilizing, overall plant health care, and spray applications. The owner has a passion for plants and is very involved in the development of the gardens and land.
- Direct team of 15-‐20 Grounds Staff
- Direct Arboriculture Staff
- Oversee Mechanic and mechanical equipment Maintain highest horticultural standards Maintain detailed records
- B.S. in Horticulture or closely related field
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Great attention to detail and keen observation
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with tropical plant species is highly desirable Must be energetic and dynamic and work well as part of a team
- Excellent salary, medical benefits, company vehicle
- Housing provided
- Relocation expenses
Interested individuals should forward resume and cover letter to:
Rock Cobble Farm