Location: Lake Buena Vista, FL
Deadline: May 31, 2017
Intern responsibilities include:
- Maintain a high-quality garden/agriculture area in and around Golden Oak property. Propagate, transplant, irrigate, prune and harvest a wide variety of plants.
- Provide show-quality maintenance and general cleanup: washing, raking and sweeping garden areas.
- Lead informative and interactive resident demonstrations through the facility.
- Participate in training sessions, classes and meetings, as scheduled.
- Maintain/Garden and Hydroponics Systems introduced by Vertigro tower management.
- Bee Keeping: build, maintain, and harvest our bee apiary.
- Meet with Chef’s weekly for ideas of New Menu Items Needed.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Applicable background and/ or major in Plant Science, Horticulture, Food Crops, Biology, etc.
- Strong interest in working with food crops.
- Ability to interact with Golden Oak Residents and their guests, as well as Cast Members.
- Team player with demonstrated verbal communication skills, work ethic, reliable transportation, and willingness to work on a flexible schedule.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Basic Understanding of Computer simulation for designing of Landscape, urban open spaces
- Public speaking experience or agricultural teaching experience
- College student obtaining their undergraduate degree, or recent college graduate of an undergrad program.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length:The approximate dates of this internship are June 2017 through January 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing:A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
Apply in the link below: