Career Technical Education Instructor – Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
Location: Marshall, MI
Deadline: June 30, 2016
NOTICE OF POSITION POSTING (189 Days/Year)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: CTE Instructors will instruct students in the skills and knowledge required
in a specific occupation or occupational field using a variety of teaching methods including discussions, demonstration, on-line
instructional applications, audiovisual, laboratory, shop, field studies, hands-on and other appropriate teaching tools. CTE
Instructors will demonstrate knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for
individuals and groups and the measurement and evaluation of the effectiveness of teaching methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
• Plan and conduct instructional activities for a balanced program which offers students opportunities to observe, question and investigate.
• Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study following curriculum guidelines/state requirements.
• Implement new high school curriculum requirements as deemed necessary by the state.
• Instruct students individually and in groups.
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects and clearly and concisely communicate those objectives to students.
• Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials in order to prevent injury to students and/or damage to equipment.
• Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by law and district policies.
• Make referrals to job placement services.
• Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order and a safe school environment.
• Collaborate with other Instructors and administrators in the development, evaluation and revision of CTE school programs.
• Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
• Prepare materials for classroom for class activities.
• Assign and grade class work and homework.
• Attend staff meetings, PLCs and serve on committees as required.
• Use technology and other materials to supplement curriculum/lessons.
• Supervise CTE Instructional Support Staff assigned to program/classroom.
• Maintain instructional/classroom records as requested/required.
• Maintain regular consistent attendance and punctuality.
• Maintain a professional personal appearance.
• Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
• Adhere to Board Policies.
• Maintain Confidentiality.
Vocationally Certified (HX & VA Endorsement) or 4,000 hours (2 years) of recent and relevant work experience. 4,000 hours (2 years) of relevant field experience in past five (5) years, must be able to document.
DATE POSITION IS OPEN: August 26, 2016
DATE POSTING IS CLOSED: June 30, 2016, 3:30 p.m. (Internal and External)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please go to our website at www.calhounisd.org and click on the Employment tab to complete an online application. Cover letters should be addressed to Russ Claggett, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, 17111 G Drive North, Marshall MI 49068.