BG-Base Plant Database Intern
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Deadline: May 23, 2014
The BG-BASE / GIS INTERN will utilize BG-BASE software to assist with the management of the FMG&SP plant records data in conjunction with mapping via ArcGIS under the supervision of the Plant Records & Irrigation Specialist.
Use of BG-BASE software
Ability to work with large amounts of data
Ability to take & follow direction
Ability to work with ArcGIS
Ability to work productively unsupervised
Other duties as assigned by the Plant Records & Irrigation Specialist.
Your physical presence is required on the premises for your job in order to interact with Hort team members to meet team objectives.
Exhibit strong moral and ethical values.
Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that you will work with a broad and diverse group of associates, volunteers and general public.
- Working knowledge & experience using BG-BASE
- Currently enrolled college/University student
- Good communications, problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge & experience using ArcGIS
- Those seeking college/University credit as a graduation requirement will be given hiring priority.
Indoor desk job with some limited out in the field data taking.
Monday – Friday flexible work schedule
- This is a temporary, unpaid Internship early May – mid August
CONTACT: Edward McKee, Horticulture manager with a Resume & Letter of interest via email: firstname.lastname@example.org