Assistant Greenhouse Manager
Location: Wixom, MI
Deadline: May 1, 2014
Brainer’s Greenhouse is an old world grower of annuals, perennials, & seasonal potted plants. Our almost 60 years of family growing have earned us the reputation for the highest quality and most unique plants in our area.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Greenhouse Manager.
- Two years greenhouse or garden center experience or equivalent horticulture education.
- Excellent knowledge of annual plants, perennial plants and flowering shrubs.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work up to 60 hours per week during peak seasons.
- Management of perennials - ordering, planting, stocking, and full care.
- Assisting with annual plantings and sales.
- Point of sale programing and cash management.
- Seasonal staff recruitment, training, and management. - Inventory management.
- Customer service in all areas of the retail operation.
Dates and Wages
This is a full time position beginning March 1st of each year through December 24th. We will consider seasonal candidates and possible paid internships. Brainer’s Greenhouse is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume & salary requirements to Greg Brainer. Brainer248@aol.com