Assistant Farm Manager
Location: Suttons Bay, MI
Deadline: March 18, 2017
K and K Farms Group LLC
3890 S. W. Bay Shore Drive
Suttons Bay, Michigan 49682
Position: Assistant Farm Manager
Starting: March 31, 2017
K and K Farms is a diversified agricultural business located on 80 acres, 10 minutes north of Traverse City, Michigan. K and K grows heritage cider apples, hops, and grapes. We are a fully integrated hop supplier, from cone to pellet at our facility. We are currently completing our processing center for hard cider, and will be adding a tasting room during 2017.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Farm manager with daily tasks.
- Schedule and monitor work for farm labor.
- Drive a tractor for mowing, spraying, and other farm tasks.
- Apply nitrogen, and other fertilizer as needed.
- Oversee inventory of farm supplies for training apple trees, hops, and grapes.
- Learn to scout orchards, vineyard, and hops field (with farm manager) to learn about cropping systems, identify issues with plants.
- Operate farm equipment including sprayer, mower, etc…
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft office, excel.
We are looking for a hardworking individual who will work well with others in a team environment. Spanish language and a horticulture background are a bonus.
K and K offers a very competitive compensation package for the right candidate.
Please apply to:
George Koskela, firstname.lastname@example.org