Location: Montague, MI
Deadline: July 11, 2016
Kevin Kruger, Principal
School Year 2016-17
- Bachelor degree from accredited college or university.
- Must be qualified and hold valid Michigan certification with at least one of the following endorsement(s). (HX, DI, DA, VA).
- Must meet “Highly qualified” requirements established by NCLB in subject area.
- No physical or mental restrictions that would with reasonable accommodations prevent performance of the essential job functions and responsibilities required for the position or that would prevent regular attendance.
- Record of regular attendance.
- Must submit to and pay costs for a Criminal History Background Check.
- Ability to demonstrate:
- the strong desire and ability to build meaningful, caring relationships with students.
- the ability to collaboratively create and execute clear, logical instructional plans that produce strong results in student learning.
- the commitment to coordinate instruction within and across grade levels.
- the aptitude to discuss subject specific content instruction and the drive to try out new ideas to improve student learning.
- the capacity to align curriculum, instruction and assessments while responding to the individual needs of students.
- the competence to collect and analyze data to inform instructional decisions.
- the ability and desire to design and utilize formative assessments to modify and adjust instruction on a daily basis.
- the skill to implement a tiered system of instruction within the classroom to meet the needs of all students.
- the ability to help create and thrive in a professional environment that is one of mutual respect, teamwork, and accountability.
- the ability to seek out knowledgeable peers, coaches or administrators for instructional support in the never ending quest to deliver the vision of high quality subject-specific instruction in every class period every day.
- the skill and willingness to leverage the student support network to ensure that students’ social, emotional, nutritional and health needs are addressed.
- the ability to promote leadership and development skills in students pertaining to FFA.
Applicants must submit:
Letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of reference, transcripts, proof of highly qualified status, and copy of a valid Michigan certificate to:
Amanda Foster, Human Resources Coordinator
4882 Stanton Blvd.
Montague, MI 49437
The District has adopted the policies of Title IX regarding sex discrimination and Montague Area Public Schools is listed as an equal opportunity employer
Montague Area Public Schools 4882 Stanton Blvd. — Montague, MI 49437 — Telephone 231-893-1515 — Facsimile — 231-894-6586