Agriscience/Natural Resources and Science Teacher/FFA Advisor
Location: Harbor Beach, MI
Deadline: June 17, 2016
Job Posting for High School Agriscience/Natural Resources and Science Teacher/FFA Advisor – Harbor Beach High School
Must meet the following requirements:
1. Must meet all NCLB criteria to be Highly Qualified immediately if new to the profession as of January 2000, or by June 2006 if teaching before January 2000.
2. Must have earned a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies and Agriscience or Agriscience and Natural Resources or a related field. Must possess or be eligible for a valid intern occupational endorsement. Must have an electronic fingerprint clearance from a criminal history record check before appointment to the position.
3. Demonstrated qualifications for teaching Animal Science, Farm Business Management, Natural Resources, Plant Science, Algebra, Calculus, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry; Biology, Chemistry, Earth/Space Science, General/Integrated Science, Physical Science, Physics.
4. Demonstrated enthusiasm and expertise in working with 9 through 12 grade students.
5. Must be able to work with a diverse group of students.
6. Minimum of one year of teaching experience in the 9-12 grade levels is preferred.
7. Willingness to learn from and collaborate with other professional educators to gain insight in a variety of teaching methodologies in working with a diverse student body.
8. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: teaching courses in agriculture, food, natural resources, environmental, and agribusiness, supervising the FFA chapter and related activities, extended program activities, and conventions.
9. Commitment to participating in ongoing professional development in chosen subject ad content area.
10. Willing to serve on Building and District committees.
11. Must be able to read, understand and interpret standardized test scores, or be willing to be in-serviced in the same.
Harbor Beach High School
August 1, 2016
As per contract
Letter of Application
Three Recent Letters of Recommendation
Professional References (Packet must be complete to be invited to interview)
Lawrence R. Kroswek, Superintendent
District Office – Harbor Beach Community Schools
402 S. Fifth St.
Harbor Beach, MI 48441
June 17, 2016