Agriculture/Horticulture Extension Agent
Deadline: September 1, 2014
Extension Agent will provide overall leadership for planning, executing, and evaluating educational programs in the area of agriculture, horticulture, and livestock and forage production in the Marion/Dillon Area. Agent will seek the advice of local advisory committee for the development of Extension programs and will primarily function as an integral team member of the Horticulture Program Team. The performance of the assigned responsibilities is governed by the philosophy, policies, and procedures of the Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service.
- Plan, execute and evaluate educational programs in the area of horticulture, agriculture, and livestock and forage production. Work with agents in surrounding counties to build a successful overall Extension education program. It will be necessary to work outside of Marion and Dillon counties as called upon. (60%)
- Work closely with organized Associations in the counties of Marion and Dillon. (10 %)
- Keep current of the latest research findings in horticulture, and other agriculture related topics - Maintain professional memberships in related professional improvement groups (10%)
- Work as an integral member of horticulture program team. In addition, work collaboratively with the Row Crop and Livestock program teams. (10%)
- Responsible for Civil Rights, Affirmative Action, EEO and other reporting procedures in designated area of responsibility. (5%)
- Work with staff and University personnel to meet the Mission of the Clemson University Extension Service. (5%)
A Bachelor’s Degree in a horticulture or agriculture related field is required, with a Master’s Degree being preferred. Relevant work experience is considered as well. Person must possess the skills and ability to work with adults and youth audiences.