Extension — Dr. Ronald Perry , Professor
Technical Resource for workshops and field meetings for: tree fruit rootstocks, apple high density management systems, field diagnostics, nursery and propagation work, pruning and training techniques, soil problems and HD Tart Cherry for Over-The-Row harvest work.
Videos and Presentations for Growers and Students:
1. Planting and Orchard Establishment
The Benefits of Trunk Mounding in Honeycrisp Production (NW Orchard and Vineyard Show; Jan 26, 2012; Traverse City, MI)
2. Rootstocks for Tree Fruit in Michigan
Rootstocks for Honeycrisp by Perry and Lang, 2010 IFTA Conf. Grand Rapids, MI
3. Orchard and Vineyard Sites and Soils
4. Training and Pruning Systems for Orchards
Pruning Concepts; Apple (Michigan Apple Committee March 2009 Webinar)
Tall Spindle Apple Pruning and Training - 2013 (Video - 13 min)
Vertical Axe Training and Pruning Video R. Perry - 2007 (Video - 38 min)
Fastening Tree Trunks in High Density Systems Directly to Wires - 2009 Great Lakes Fruit Workers Meeting, Holland, MI.
5. Home Fruit Production
- Fruit Production for the Home (Presented to MIDFex, Chicago Bot Grdns 4_26_15)
5. Micro-Irrigation for Orchards and Vineyards in Michigan