Advisor and Instructor, Ag Tech Program Coordinator
M.S.1066 Bogue St, Room A240-D
East Lansing, MI 48824
August 16, 2002
90% Teaching and Advising
10% Administration (Program Coordination)
Associate in Science Degree - Central Alabama Community College - 1995
Bachelor of Science Degree - Landscape Horticulture - Auburn University - 1997
Master of Science Degree - Horticulture - Michigan State University - 2002
- AT 293 - Placement Training (Internship for 2-year Landscape students)
- HRT 206 - Training and Pruning Plants
- HRT 213 - Landscape Maintenance
- HRT 213L - Landscape Maintenance Field Laboratory
- HRT 218 - Landscape Irrigation
2-year Landscape Certificate Programs
- Landscape & Nursery Management - East Lansing
- Landscape & Lawn Management - Grand Rapids Community College
- Landscape & Lawn Management - Muskegon Community College
- Landscape & Lawn Management - Montcalm Community College
PLANET Irrigation & Water Mgmt Specialty Group
Professional Landcare Network - Irrigation and Water Management Specialty Group
In May of 2011, the PLANET Board of Directors welcomed a new Specialty Group, Irrigation & Water Management. For more information on the Irrigation & Water Management Specialty Group, please call Shaine Anderson at (800) 395-2522, ext. 203 or email ShaineAnderson@landcarenetwork.org
Research Programs Related to the Environmental and Social Benefits of Irrigated Landscape Spaces, Turfgrass, and Ornamental Plant Production:
View PDF by clicking here
Irrigation & Water Management Specialty Group Initiatives for 2012:
- Develop the Irrigation & Water Management Specialty Group toolkit, an online, members-only resource chock-full of templates, charts and graphs, sample contracts, benchmarking tools, and marketing tips, all designed to take the irrigation portion of your business to the next level.
- Promote best practices and raise public awareness through published articles, blog entries, social media, and contributions to the new PLANET consumer website.
- Ensure that there is an irrigation component to all of PLANET’s events, including the Green Industry Conference, Student Career Days, the Lawn Care Summit, and Renewal & Remembrance.
- Facilitate at least three PLANET webinars on educational topics relating to irrigation and water management.
- Recruit new irrigation and water management companies to join PLANET and actively participate in the Irrigation & Water Management Specialty Group.
- Help advance the research and data available about the benefits of irrigated spaces by contributing resources to PLANET Universe (link to PDF is given above).
- Increase participation in PLANET’s government affairs initiatives through the development of position statements for PLANET’s Legislative Day on the Hill and other legislative efforts.
- Build on the outdoor demonstration effort for irrigation and water management at the GIE+EXPO.
Through these efforts, manufacturers, distributors, and practitioners will work together to raise the knowledge and competency of site maintenance and management personnel regarding irrigation and other water in the landscape trades.