Cherry Cream Cheese Cake
1. Preheat oven to 325° F / 165°C
2. Cream the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Mix together 2 ¼ cup flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Fold flour mixture into cream cheese mixture.
6. Dredge cherries in ¼ cup flour, fold into batter.
7. Sprinkle pecans over bottom of an ungreased, Teflon-coated 10-inch angel food tube pan.
Bottom should be completely covered with pecans.
8. Spoon batter into pan on top of nuts.
9. Bake for about 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in pan on wire rack. Ease cake out of pan and onto plate.
Cook ingredients over medium heat stirring constantly until
mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Amaretto.