HRT 820: Plant Reproductive Biology and Polyploidy
Dr. Amy Iezzoni (lead)
1066 Bogue St, Room A342
East Lansing, MI 48824
Credits and Offerings
- 1 credit
- Spring of odd years
Genetic processes underlying variations in plant reproductive biology and polyploidy, and utilization of these characteristics in plant breeding.
- To understand how male sterility, self-incompatibility and sex expression are used in plant breeding and hybrid production.
- To understand the types of polyploidy including the evolutionary history of important polyploid crop plants.
- To understand the breeding strategies unique to some major polypoid crop plants.
- Sex expression in out-crossing crop plants
- Male sterility in out-crossing crop plants
- Self-incompatibility in out-crossing crop plants
- Haploid production as a breeding strategy
- Types of polyploidy
- Genetic and breeding complexity with polyploid crop plants