HRT 361: Applied Plant Physiology
Dr. Daniel Keathley (lead)
1066 Bogue St, Room A316
East Lansing, MI 48824
Credits and Offerings
- 3 credits
- Fall semester of every year
- To understand the importance of photosynthesis and respiration on plant development and the factors that affect these processes.
- To understand how stresses such as temperature extremes and water stress affect plant growth.
- To understand the role of plant hormones in the growth and development of plants.
- To understand how water and solutes are moved through the plant.
- To understand how the various stages of plant development can be manipulated for better plant growth.
- Plant structure, cells, and organelles
- Flowering, pollination, and juvenility
- Cambial structure and physiology
- Water potential and transpiration
- Drought, heat, freezing, and cold stress/injury and stress tolerance
- Plant hormones
- Nutrient assimilation