HRT 100: Horticulture: Plants and People
Dr. Norm Lownds (lead)
1066 Bogue St, Room A240-B
East Lansing, MI 48824
Credits and Offerings
- 3 credits (2 hours lecture, 2 hours lab each week)
- Spring of every year
Functional uses of plants: aesthetics, food, industry, recreation. Growing and using horticultural plants. Consumer and environmental issues related to horticulture in daily living
- Be introduced to horticulture as a hobby and profession.
- Understand why plants are important to their everyday lives.
- Increase their understanding of plants and how they grow.
- Grow a variety of plants in the greenhouse.
- Gain appreciation of the connections between plants and people.
- Horticulture at MSU
- Horticulture Gardens
- Understanding plants – nomenclature, taxonomy, anatomy and physiology
- Growing Plants – annuals, perennials, herbs, fruits, indoor, landscape
- Greenhouse and garden tours
- Plant growth experiments
- Planting and growing plants